Friday 5 December 2014

Wisconsin -- The Long drive












The weekend after Eureka Springs was followed by our trip to Madison in Wisconsin.  The drive there was just oh-so-long, it can't even be compared to our previous road trips.  We had to wake up really early just so we can be right on schedule.  That didn't happen, of course.  That's what people get for planning ahead... so lesson learnt, don't plan ahead!  Just kidding! :)

We left home at around 3:50 am and during those few hours before the break of dawn, I fell asleep even though I wanted to keep my sister company.  However, to stay awake the entire trip was just impossible.  I'm actually amazed at how my sister managed to stay awake during the entire trip... not that she was given a choice.  I honestly thought that my sister would be switching with our aunt at some point, but they didn't so she had to drive all the way there with a couple of stops.

We had to stop at a bunch of gas stations to get something to eat and drink and use the bathroom.  It's not easy being on the road for a couple of hours, let alone being on the road for 12-13 hours.  The only things I could do was take photos, listen to music, take naps, read my book and of course chat with my sister about stuff while our aunt was asleep because we had a bunch of stuff to talk about.  :)


We arrived at our hotel feeling relieved and hungry, so we had to head out again and look for a place to eat.  And fortunately for us, we were able to find this Vietnamese restaurant and have our fill of good food.  We stopped by this diner beside our hotel to have pie and I like how my sister puts it when it comes to pie cos she tends to be like "mmmm pie"!  And yes, it was definitely yummy which sucks because Macau does not have this legit kind of pie.

I changed into a much more comfy outfit because my sister and I decided to hang out at a bar which once again did not happen because she did not like the atmosphere, I suppose.  Therefore, we went to Nostrano, a restaurant wherein we had dessert (again) and cocktails, not to mention it was near the Capitol (looks a little bit different from the one in Little Rock, I would say)!  Oh, that moment of girl talk that we had was priceless.  I miss my sister a lot!  I really do and how I wish I lived somewhere in the States so I could just come visit her during the weekend or something.  Living in Asia is just so inconvenient when both my siblings are in the US.  Oh well, all I can do is complain though.  I know I'm going off topic and I'm sorry about that.  That moment was just perfect for me because I got to bond with my sister and I got to tell her stuff I've never told anyone, not even our brother.  Haha!  If you have a sister, treasure the moments you have with them because it's not everyday you'll get the chance to be with them because time flies too quickly and the next thing you know, you're not living under the same roof (which in our case came too soon).

I apologize for being too wordy but I wanted to fill you in on how this day went and I hope you enjoyed the photos (taken with my phone).  Have a great weekend guys and see you in my next post! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I love reading each and every one of them. Be sure to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well. ♥