Wednesday 25 March 2015

Bali -- Day 1

Our first day in Bali got us all really excited and ready to explore the island.  The day seemed very promising from the moment we woke up.  Everything was perfect!  Of course my definition of perfect would be clear, blue skies and Mr. Sun coming out to play.  We didn't get to have breakfast in the morning since we woke up a tad bit late just in time for brunch.  Little did we know that we were headed to one of Bali's popular restaurants.  


Naughty Nuri's Warung and Grill






Carlos and I had no idea that it was popular until we arrived and saw a long queue of people also waiting to be seated.  I'm not sure whether you can call to reserve as my friend, Tiffany, was the one who did all that.  We checked out the shops that were around before we were called in to be seated.  I was so excited and by that time I was starving!  Can I just say how delicious the food was?  Tiff said that they're known for their ribs, but of course they offer a variety of food.  However, we went for what they were famous for.  The sweet, citrus and spicy flavours fused together created perfection at its finest.  Even as I type this, my mouth is watering... It was extraordinarily delicious, something that can't be found in Macau.  The meat was really tender and the sweet potato fries were so much better than the original fries.  It really goes well with the ribs if you ask me, but that depends on your preference.  You can choose rice, mashed potatoes or any other side dishes they offer.

I honestly can't remember whether they had air-conditioners because I remember sweating and feeling really hot, but I couldn't complain because I was having the time of my life!  The place wasn't bad and in fact, what made it even better were the singing & dancing servers while they poured margaritas in people's cups.  The colours of the table looked faded and old which kind of matched the hanging pigs and the frames they had on their walls.  I like local restaurants and I'm so glad Tiff brought us there because it was one of the best meals I've ever had and I'm pretty sure Carlos thought it was an awesome meal too.

QOTD: What do you enjoy most when travelling?  Do let me know in the comment section below. :)


*Photos were taken by Carlos Denilla*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I love reading each and every one of them. Be sure to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well. ♥