Thursday 7 February 2013

Cinnamon Sugar Coated Muffins stuffed with Kinder Bueno!


Hi everyone!  Care to try this yummy "Cinnamon Sugar Coated Muffin stuffed with Kinder Bueno"?  I'm a huge fan of desserts and I had the urge to bake something or make something sweet for that matter since after all, it is the Love month.  And so, I was surfing the net when I remembered a food blogger I'm following on instagram named Erwan and decided to check his blog called thefatkidinside.com.  I came across the muffins but what really caught my eye were the words "Kinder Bueno" which is why I just had to try to bake them.

Here are the Ingredients I used to make them and they are of course also on Erwan's blog. :)

1. 1/2 cup sugar
2. ½ tsp salt
3. 1/2 cup milk (whole)
4. 1 1/2 cups all-purpose or self-raising flour
5. ½ tsp nutmeg
6. ½ tsp cinnamon
7. 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
8. ½ kinder bueno for each muffin
9. 1 large egg
10. 1 tsp vanilla extract
11. 1/3 cup (5 Tbsp) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature

Topping:
1. ½ cup sugar + 3 tsp cinnamon
2. Butter for topping

Sooo, after you've gathered all the ingredients, you have to mix all of them one by one in order according to Erwan, the first one being the butter, followed by sugar, egg, vanilla extract, milk, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and of course the kinder buenos

And after you've mixed all the ingredients, the batter would look something like this!!

After you've finished the batter, fill each of the tins by half (buttered) or as you can see, I used paper cups since I do not have a tin and add the pieces of kinder buenos and then cover it with a little bit more mixture so as to bring it to 3/4 fill.

Bake them at 350°F for around 12-15 minutes or you could use a toothpick to see whether the dough would stick or not... 

After getting them out of the oven, let them cool for about five minutes and brush them off with butter and roll the buttered part in the cinnamon sugar.

And voila, you can then enjoy your yummy muffins!  Hope you try this recipe!  Thank God for food bloggers!  Hahaha!  

I hope you liked my photos and I know I'm no professional at baking but I do hope to get better because I have the passion to bake.  Cheers!

xx,
Regine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I love reading each and every one of them. Be sure to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well. ♥