Sunday 3 March 2013

The story behind my coat.


As the title suggests, there's a story behind this coat but before that, let me ask you guys what you think of this coat?  I just love everything about it and honestly it's my second time to actually wear it "properly" and you'll know why in a bit.  It's funny because I've been dying to wear it and take shots and in fact I couldn't wait for the winter season to come but when it did, I never wore it until today.  I thought the weather would gradually go up but I'm so glad it went down because I'm not ready to say goodbye to the cold just yet.  Anyway, this is what I wore for mass today with my family...


Now on with my story.  This coat was a gift from my aunt when we were staying at their place in Barnsley, UK.  She's a shopaholic, you see and she's got me and my other relatives a lot of stuff but just never has the time to send it here.  Anyway, last summer, she seized the opportunity of giving us most of the stuff she bought for us in her previous shopping trips and the coat was one of them.  I was so excited to bring it back home but when we reached the airport in Manchester, we were told that our luggage could not exceed 30 kg but with my mom, brother and I having a limit of up to 30 kg each which meant 90 kg all together, I thought that we'd be okay.  Little did we know that we bought too much stuff and that I had a lot of clothes so we exceeded and of course we had to pay even though we got rid of some of the stuff we bought already.  And since, I couldn't bear to leave the clothes I bought and got from my aunt, I decided to wear this coat and one of my other jackets even though it was so damn hot.  Not to mention, when we got to Dubai, it was even hotter!  Yes!  That's how desperate I was to bring my clothes home.  Hahaha!  



Top: Per Una (gift from aunt) | Coat: George (gift from aunt) | Shoes: Forever 21 | Skirt: Cotton On, HK | Hat: In a Row, local store | Bag: Gift from my sister |

Forgive me for some of my awkward pauses.  These shots were taken outside of our apartment since I didn't have my camera with me when I went out.  Oh and I love my hat so much I can't stop wearing it!  Not to mention, it goes with any outfit so be warned as you might get sick of seeing me wear it all the time.  Anyway, I hope you guys had a wonderful weekend!  Till next post! :)

Love lots,
Regine M.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I love reading each and every one of them. Be sure to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well. ♥